About the Society
We are a society and charity, registered No. 1149613, of about 400 members whose interests cover all aspects of the Midland Railway. Members receive a high quality Journal three times a year and a newsletter four times a year. There are events throughout the year where members can socialize and learn more about the Midland Railway. We also help run the Midland Railway Study Centre and publish books and pamphlets on historical aspects of the Midland Railway. Our constitution is available on this web site.
In 2016 the Society merged with the Roy F. Burrows Midland Collection Trust.
The management of the Society is in the hands of an Executive Committee as laid down by the constitution.
Aims of the Society
- Bring together those interested in the Midland Railway; including its predecessors, successors, joint lines and working arrangements.
- Disseminate information via a selection of publications.
Benefits to members
- A Journal published three times per annum, supplemented with a members Newsletter.
- Society publications relating to all aspects of the company’s operations, these being the culmination of members researches.
- Visits to locations of interest, less formal meetings and participation in selected exhibitions.
- Presidential address given at one of our more formal meetings.